Pages



Monday, November 21, 2016

Back to the craft after a 8 year slumber


I was a deeply devoted Witch until I had my first son. With pregnancy, a part of myself detached. By 'part', I really mean to say is 'most'. I was walking though this world a ghost with a life inside me. I wish that It had been a positive experience for me like I assume, other women on this path experience. What better way to feel close to the Goddess than to create life? For me, it was a perfect storm of events where I just became lost. 

I don't think I was old enough to have a child. I didn't know myself or my body at all and then suddenly I 'lost' them both. I was 20. A young 20, as a seasoned mother would describe their child. It was a whirlwind of events, I was on a moving sidewalk and the only answer to my questions were, "Enjoy the ride."

I was married, pregnant, and my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer in the same month. My husband and I didn't know how to be married, how to be pregnant, or how to deal with the consistent sidelined grief that is cancer. 

My difficult period lasted 4 years, ending with an implosion of myself. I may talk about that day at a future time. It was a mess; much like this first post. ;-) But we got though it, and are much stronger and better for the wear.

Lots of things happened that could have happened to anyone. It took me a long time to come back full circle to my true self with feet solidly on the earth. It was a lot of work and a lot of reflection. I'm 28 years old now. I am still married to my dear husband and best friend. We have 3 adorable, sweet, unique, little boys. I know who I am and I know where I am going. I have lost that naive image of what life was or should be. When I look in the mirror, I see only myself as I am. I know my role in the world. I am enjoying life with a full heart and a big smile. I'm ready to further embrace myself, to remove the final veil from my eyes. I hope that this blog will help others to embrace their lives for what they are. Looking forawrd to talking to you next time. 

Embrace your reality, friends.  


Blessed be, Hazel

PS Ya'll have an astounding number of resources out there! When I started, all I had was Barnes and Nobel and witchvox.com. Do you know how scary it is to try to buy a book about witchcraft at 17, let alone keep this giant book in your house?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished